2009-08-21

Redemption

By the edge of the bank,
The wayside of the water,
Memories rehashed
Of times spent in horror..
I speak from my soul,
My heart and my mind
In a painful reviving
Of the sullen, dark time.
Apologies, corrections,
Explanations I'm told
Of the events only rumored
Reanimating sadness so bold..

Then actions spoke out,
Much louder than words,
And I'm born into a place
That's not of this world.
A state where I'm happy,
But sad and confused..
Where I'm free from a burden
Though poised maybe to lose.

Either way in this place,
I won't let it go.
I've waited too long
To let it pass and never know.
It's a tad tainted, but pure.
Truly bittersweet to the core.
The taste of closure
That opens more doors.

So I take off into the night,
Departing for a new home,
Thoughts now born run berserk,
My mind is set widened to roam.
Now my world's upside down.
My split emotions in strife.
These random twists seem abundant
In this chapter of my life.

Pros and cons are my songs
As I now sift through my days
In an odd pleasant confusion
Of new directions and ways..
As the voice of reason echos out
Following desire and wanting more,
When innocent love chimes her song
That we both simply cannot ignore:

"Is this what you want?
Is this what you need?
Is this something inside
That you just want to scream?
To the top of your lungs,
To the top of this earth,
Does the freedom this gives you
Best all other matters of worth?
Does this mean enough to you
To hold on to what you find...
Give hope to this unknown
That it may be one of a kind?"

Is there anything left to believe in?
My God, I hope this is true....
I know what I believe in, but
Somethings cannot be seen through.

So after the choices are made,
Of pathways I choose to take,
I realize I must be aware
These are the decisions I've made.
So this new peaceful confusion
I believe not to be Love's illusion
But rather my Past's evolution
Leading to a new happy conclusion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment